There are literally hundreds of Labyrinth Designs around the planet. Mark has made at least 20 of these. The Classical or Cretan Labyrinth, over 4000 years old, is a favourite as well as the famous Chartres Labyrinth that traditionally comes in 3,5,7, or 11 circuit designs.
Some things to consider when choosing a Labyrinth Design:
- The size of your space
- What landscaping or seating is preferred
- A short 3 or 5 circuit design or longer 7 or 11 circuit
- How many people do you envisage walking it at one time?
- Is your labyrinth for public or private use?
- What energy do you have to maintain it?
- Do you want to include a water feature and lighting?
- What materials would you like for the path? eg hard surface for a wheelchair, smooth pebbles or grass for barefoot walking or a textured gravel for durability.
- To plant or not to plant it with flowers, natives, edible plants as a sensory garden or keep it as a Zen garden with no plants?
- What is your budget?
- To get some more ideas look at Marks gallery page and use the PDF links below.